Industrial electricians work in factories, industrial units, warehouses and other specialised commercial places. Electrical standards and practices can be different to the home with higher power requirements being common in factories and warehouses for example. Safety and other protocols can also be different. Often we will need to work alongside other contractors or with other departments’ plans. Some electrical contractors like Horsell have experience specialising in both areas.
As well as their qualifications and experience there are some other useful skills when carrying out industrial electrical work:
• Full public liability insurance ($20 Million)
• Ability to understand electrical plans, blueprints and designs
• Ability to conduct visual inspections and estimate job size and requirements
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills (often working with site managers)
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, working on large-scale projects with changing criteria
• Able to work under pressure in demanding site conditions
Absolutely, we have experience in reading plans, hitting deadlines and communicating well with other departments or contractors to get the job done. This is an important and common aspect of industrial electrical work.
Yes, we have 2 teams and 3 fully equipped vans. As we operate an emergency service we are often called upon to work out of hours. A lot of factory and warehouse electrical work needs to be done at irregular hours when connecting supplies and wiring these types of premises.
Industrial electrical work can be deemed more important than domestic, but in reality, all the same rules apply when choosing. Ask some of these simple questions to your local industrial electrician:
• What qualifications and how many years of experience do they have?
• Are they specifically experienced in my industry for the type of work I require?
• what will be done by fully qualified electricians compared to supervised trainees?
• Can they give examples of their work and provide references or reviews?
• How professional do they seem and how do they present themselves?
• Can they work with other contractors or site managers?
Horsell Electrical are the best Electricians servicing Maitland, Newcastle and surrounds. We are reputable, reliable & affordable with free quotes for all large or small commercial & domestic electrical work