More than any other sector, the need for the commercial industry's electrics to be reliable is of the utmost importance. When an electrical fault strikes, the repair work must be long-term as problems will only escalate if a quick-fix solution is implemented instead.
Here at Horsell Electrical Contractors, we can provide all of your commercial contracting services, using the most up to date technology and components.
We ensure you meet the latest safety standards and regulations, whether you require full shop refurbishment or the installation of new office lighting. We’ll even handle safety inspections, emergency repairs, and maintenance work so you can focus on running your business.
It is important for all commercial businesses to use experienced electrical contractors as even the shortest power cuts of the smallest faults can result in significant losses in terms of money, time, and productivity.
When it comes to any commercial electrical work in the Newcastle or Maitland areas, any business should be speaking to Horsell Electrical as their trusted electrical partner. Our experience and reputation mean that your business is in safe hands so contact us today for any commercial electrical requirements.
Commercial electricians provide a multitude of electrical services to commercial businesses and govt, including retail, warehouses, factories (like poultry) and industrial units to provide electrical installations, safety checks and compliances and types of electrical services that have differing standards and techniques compared to regular residential or domestic uses.
Safety standards are nearly always different as are regulations and indeed some of the actual types of work. It’s very important to have a commercial electrician that has experience in these matters where costs and implications are often far higher than regular domestic work.
Here is a list of our most common commercial electrical services:
The actual electrical supply to larger commercial businesses is often different as warehouses and factories will usually require a 3-Phase supply. New constructions can often require new supply lines dug underground as well as providing meters and switchboard upgrades and installations, surge protection and standby generators.
Horsell Electrical offer a 24-hour emergency electrical service to all homes and businesses in the Newcastle and Maitland areas. This is vitally important for businesses that suffer power outages or any other urgent work or faults that need fixing that will affect your business and potentially the safety of your workers.
Commercial electricians work in factories, industrial units, warehouses, shops and commercial buildings. Electrical standards and practices can be different to the home with higher power requirements being one. Safety and other protocols are also different. Some electrical contractors like Horsell have experience specialising in both areas.
As well as their qualifications and experience there are some other useful skills when carrying out commercial electrical work:
· Full public liability insurance ($20 Million)
· Ability to understand electrical plans, blueprints and designs
· Ability to conduct visual inspections and estimate job size and requirements
· Attention to detail
· Good communication skills (often working with site managers)
· Problem-solving skills
· Ability to work as part of a team, working on large scale projects with changing criteria
· Able to work under pressure in demanding site conditions
Yes. Business owners and their directors are responsible for the safety of their workers and anyone o the property. Electrical safety is a big responsibility and requirement, more info can be found out here. There are also some minor differences between territories but NSW is fairly standard and can be seen here. If you have any queries then please give us a call.
In NSW it is law to have your electrical items (including RCD’s/Safety Switches) by a qualified electrician every 12 months. Avoidance can result in heavy fines. Unsafe electrical items can cause death so it is very important to have testing and tagging done once a year.
· Commercial work can be deemed more important than domestic, but in reality, all the same rules apply when choosing. Ask some of these simple questions to your local commercial electrician:
· What qualifications and how many years of experience do they have?
· Are they specifically experienced in my industry for the type of work I require?
· what will be done by fully qualified electricians compared to supervised trainees?
· Can they give examples of their work and provide references or reviews?
· How professional do they seem and how do they present themselves?
· Can they work with other contractors or site managers?
Horsell Electrical are the best Electricians servicing Maitland, Newcastle and surrounds. We are reputable, reliable & affordable with free quotes for all large or small commercial & domestic electrical work